June 2006 Board Meeting Report
Illinois Valley Community College Board of Trustees learned in their Wednesday night meeting that two IVCC students were recently graduated with bachelor’s degrees from Franklin University by participating in the Community College Alliance program. Brian Gorski and Brett Kloepping completed their bachelor of science degrees in accounting and business administration respectively. Since 1999 when IVCC joined the alliance with Franklin University 28 students have been graduated.
The board heard a presentation by Tracy Morris, director of admissions and records on the role and responsibilities of that office.
The board adopted the Prevailing Wage Resolution establishing a policy to require prevailing wages for any public works project at the college to be in compliance with the Prevailing Wage Act, 820 ILCS 130/1-12.
Three separate agreements were discussed by the board, two tax increment finance agreements and one enterprise zone resolution. The board approved the LaSalle TIF IV intergovernmental agreement as presented and the North Utica TIF II intergovernmental agreement as presented and adopted the Bureau-Putnam County Area Enterprise Zone Resolution.
The board accepted with regret the resignation of Deborah L. Sweeden as board chair effective July 1. Ms. Sweeden will continue to serve on the board. After July 1, David L. Wilcoxson will serve as board chair with Dennis N. Thompson, vice-chair and Paula J. Endress continuing as secretary.
The board authorized:
· The business office to accept the bid from Specialty Floors, Inc., Rockford in the amount of $12,680 for the refinishing of the gym floor.
· The business office to accept the construction bid in the amount of $964,590 from Vanguard Construction, Pekin for protection, health and safety projects inclusive of a 10% construction contingency.
· The college to proceed with the submission of the updated RAMP proposal request for the Community Instructional Center in the amount of $19,042,900 including the college’s match portion of $4,760,700, approved the updated project total for the renovations to buildings B, C and D to allow for inflation for the updated project total of $9,760,300 including the college’s match portion of $2,440,100 and additions and renovations to buildings C and G in the amount of $13,706,400 including the college’s match portion of $3,426,600 to the Illinois Community College Board.
· The administration to purchase Adobe Software Licenses for the graphics arts and the business administration degree programs in the amount of $12,208 with funding from Carl Perkins funding.
In other action the board approved:
· The appointment of Jason A. Beyer, Ph.D. as the philosophy instructor, Anna Marie Pietrolonardo as the world languages instructor, Nora B. Bazydlo as the nursing instructor and Delores R. Robinson as the English composition instructor.
· The stipends for payrolls ending May 20 and June 3.
· The agreement for providing truck driver training instruction between IVCC and Waubonsee Community College.