Illinois Valley Community College Trustee Talent/Leadership Tuition Waiver in Student Life
Illinois Valley Community College Board of Trustees
David Mallery, Secretary
Thomas Setchell, Vice Chair
Dennis Thompson, Chair
The Trustee Talent/Leadership Tuition Waiver in Student Life at Illinois Valley Community College was established by the District Board of Trustees to recognize superior talent and individual achievement by student leaders.
Illinois Valley Community College offers Trustee Talent /Leadership Tuition Waivers in Student Life to eligible students in the following areas:
Athletics offers 86 tuition waivers and they are distributed as follows:
Men’s Baseball (15)
Women’s Softball (15)
Men’s Basketball (12)
Women’s Basketball (12)
Women’s Volleyball (12)
Men’s Golf (8)
Women’s Tennis (6)
Men’s Tennis (6)
Student Government offers 3 tuition waivers and they are distributed as follows:
Student Government President (1)
Student Government Vice-President (1)
Student Trustee (1)
Humanities offers 11 tuition waivers and they are distributed as follows:
River Currents (1)
Honor‘s offers 28 half time tuition waivers and they are distributed as follows:
Incoming Students (14)
*Returning Students (14)
All waivers are administered through the Office of Financial Aid, awarded by the Coach or Academic Advisor, approved by the Athletic Director or Dean and signed off by the Vice-President for Student Services.
Guidelines, Trustee Talent/Leadership Waivers
1. Waivers may be used for tuition only; all fees are the responsibility of the student.
2. Students who are fully academically prepared for college work may be awarded waivers for up to 64 semester hours over the course of two calendar years. Students in need of developmental work as documented by placement examination results may utilize an additional 6 credits as needed, not to exceed a total of 70. Credits may be utilized for Fall and Spring semesters; the Summer session prior to the first Fall semester of enrollment, and the Summer session in between academic years assuming the student will be returning in good standing for the second year. Waivers are restricted to courses applicable to a degree or certificate, and to required developmental courses.
3. To be eligible for waiver renewal, the student must earn a minimum of 12 semester hours each semester (excluding Summer), with a minimum cumulative grade-point-average of 2.0.
4. No waivers will be extended to anyone who has completed a bachelor’s degree.
5. The student agrees to actively participate in the activity for which his/her waiver has been awarded. The student will forfeit his/her waiver and will be liable for tuition if the student drops out of the activity.
6. A student who is excluded from the activity due to disciplinary reasons will forfeit his/her waiver and will be liable for tuition.
7. Any and all prior financial obligations to IVCC must be paid in full prior to the waiver taking effect.
8. Students awarded waivers are strongly encouraged to apply annually for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
9. Any other grant or scholarship earmarked for tuition will take precedence and will be utilized in meeting tuition costs. The Trustee Talent/Leadership Waiver may be applied to tuition not covered by other tuition-restricted sources.
10. Students in default on student loans will not be eligible to receive Trustee Talent/Leadership Waivers.
11. Head Coaches (with the approval of the Athletic Director) or the Division Chair of Humanities, Fine Arts, and Social Sciences may elect to divide waivers into partial waivers as deemed appropriate [(1) a waiver of 32 credits for a single year; or (2) a waiver of 16 credits for a single semester] in order to attract additional participants, so long as the equivalent number of full waivers approved for the activity is not exceeded.
12. Two-thirds of all athletic waivers awarded will be reserved for graduates of in-district high schools, or those graduates of out-of-district high schools who have been legal residents of the IVCC district for a minimum of one year prior to the first day of the Fall semester of their initial enrollment at IVCC.
13. An oversight committee consisting of the Vice-President for Student Services, Athletic Director, Dean of Humanities, Fine Arts, and Social Sciences, and the Director of Financial Aid will be charged with the administration of all procedures related to Trustee Talent/Leadership Waivers.
*Based on IVCC grade point average.