Adult Basic Education/General Educational Development (GED)
CLICK HERE TO TRANSLATE THIS WEBSITE INTO SPANISH OR INTO YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE.
Available to any adult IVCC district resident
Adult Education Classes:
- Include General Educational Development (GED), Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as a Second Language (ESL), and Literacy (I-READ)
- Offer on-campus classes in the Adult Learning Center (E-323)
- Provide off-campus classes in DePue, La Salle, Mendota, Ottawa, Princeton and Streator
- Allow students to work at their own pace while acquiring basic reading, writing, math and English language skills
- Offer classes at no cost to the student
- Boost knowledge of skills students will need to meet entrance requirements for certain employment or for vocational training programs
What the Program Offers:
General Educational Development classes are for any adult 16 or older who has not received a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Adult Basic Education classes (16 or older) help students brush up on reading, writing and/or math skills.
Students study in the Adult Learning Center (GED/ABE) lab at the IVCC campus.
English as a Second Language classes are designed to help nonnative speakers of the English language.
I-READ Adult Literacy Program
Provides one-to-one or small group tutoring for students 17 or older who are out of school and need to improve reading, English language or math skills.
Tutor working with students at Parkview Community Building.
Literacy Volunteers Wanted
"I got a new job because you helped me fill out the application."
"You’re doing a good job and helping me very much with my goals."
"I felt very comfortable in the class. The instructors were superb and made it fun while I worked."
"Coming here has really made me feel confident about passing the GED test."
"I never had teachers explain things as well as you do."