How to Request Your Transcript
1. Online through WebAdvisor
(FREE request for current students with active IVCC WebAdvisor account)
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Select Transcript Request
- Fill in the information and submit
- Track your transcript request online through WebAdvisor
2. In person, by fax, or by mail
IVCC Office of Admissions & Records
Illinois Valley Community College
815 North Orlando Smith Rd.
Oglesby, IL 61348-1099
3. Online through Scrip-Safe
($2.25 per request—easy account set-up)
To create your account at this ordering site follow these steps:
Beginning December 6, 2010 Illinois Valley Community College and Scrip-Safe will partner together to provide students with access to an online ordering system through a secure website. SCRIP-SAFE charges a $2.25 processing fee for each recipient (transcript addressee.) Order updates will be emailed to you and you can also check your order status and history online.
- Go to the Scrip Safe website at https://iwantmytranscript.com/ivcc
- Go to Don’t have an account? Pick Illinois Valley Community College from the dropdown and click SIGN UP
- Fill in all of your information on the Recipient Info Screen and click CONTINUE
- Go to the upper right hand corner of the screen and click CONSENT FORM
- Click DOWNLOAD FORM (then OPEN it)
- Print out this form, sign and date it, and fax it to 513-697-0012
- Your account is now ready! Anytime you need to order transcripts from IVCC, just login and follow the steps. No need to re-fax anything
You can order your transcripts using a Visa or MasterCard at any time. IVCC will process transcript orders from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. When possible, requests should be made well in advance of the date when the transcript is needed. Transcripts will be sent from IVCC the day after a request is received, provided the student has no restrictions to prevent this and the student has been enrolled at least once since 1999. During the end of a semester, requests will be held and not processed until all grades are finalized. It is always recommended to allow additional time during peak periods.
There is a limit of 5 transcripts per request.
Transcripts must be requested in writing - they are not able to be released over the phone. There is no charge for requesting transcripts if requested through either of the first two methods listed above.
*GED transcripts must be requested through the Regional Office of Education.