Waitlisting on WebAdvisor
If you attempt to register for a class that is full, you may have the option to add that class to your Waitlist. Students can add classes to their waitlist on WebAdvisor, by phone, or in person once a class has reached its maximum capacity. Once a waitlist has begun, students will be required to waitlist a class even if it appears that there are spaces available.
Important Things to Know about Waitlisting
- For the Spring 2014 semester, all waitlists expire at 7pm Thursday December 12th. Beginning 8am Friday December 13th, registration is on a first come, first serve basis for courses with seat openings. Students must be registered prior to the first class meeting - there is No Late Registration.
- The Waitlist process does not run from July 4th - July 7th due to the college being closed for Independence Day. Other than those dates, the waitlist will run when the college is closed. In those instances, registration may be completed through WebAdvisor (with Phlebotomy as the exception).
**Students are urged to use the "Manage My Waitlist" function on WebAdvisor as the primary way of monitoring the waitlist.**
- Students can sign up for the waitlist on WebAdvisor, in person, or by phone once a class is full.
- If a class displays a status of Waitlisted, students must add the class to their waitlist even if there appears to be spaces available.
- Students must be able to access their IVCC student email account in order to participate in Waitlisting.
- Waitlists will be run every day at 5 am. An email will be sent to the IVCC email account at this time if granted permission to register.
- Once granted permission to register to register, students have three days to register. Permission expires at 11:58pm on the third day.
- Students who do not register within this timeframe will lose their permission to register and be removed from the waitlist.
- Students registering through the waitlist must abide by the payment deadlines or will be dropped for non-payment.
- For students receiving permission to register in ALH 1250
(Phlebotomy): you must complete the Phlebotomy registration process by calling
the Admissions & Records Office at 815-224-0447 during normal business hours. This
must be completed within the timeframe stated in the "Permission to
Register" email. Online registration is not permitted for
Phlebotomy. It is highly recommended that Phlebotomy students check their
waitlist status DAILY. Failure to do so may result in the inability to register
within the allotted timeframe.
- There is a limit to how many students can be waitlisted for a section. For most classes, the maximum is 50% of the section capacity. ALH-1214 is an exception.
- Students cannot waitlist a course in which they are currently registered.
- Students cannot waitlist multiple sections of the same course.
- Students must be registered prior to the first class meeting-regardless of when permission is granted. No late registration allowed.
Students are encouraged to monitor WebAdvisor daily for the most up to date course availability.
DUE TO DEMAND, ADDITIONAL SECTIONS OF CERTAIN COURSES MAY BE ADDED AT ANY TIME AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DIVISION DEAN. IF YOU ARE WAITLISTED ON A SECTION OF A COURSE AND A NEW SECTION OF THAT COURSE IS ADDED, YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF REMOVING YOURSELF FROM YOUR WAITLISTED SECTION AND ENROLLING IN THE ADDED SECTION, SCHEDULE PERMITTING. PLEASE CHECK WEBADVISOR TO SEE THE MOST CURRENT LIST OF COURSE OFFERINGS AND AVAILABILITY.
Classes available for Waitlisting (Fall 2013)
All classes with the following prefixes (excluding internships and practicum classes):
ACT, ANT, AGR, ALH*, ART, ATO, BIO*, BUL, BUS, CAD, CHM, CRJ, CSG, CSI, CSM, CSN, CSO, CSP*, CSS, CSW, DFT, DRW, DSN, ECN, EGR, ELE, ELT, FEN, FIN, FLM, FRS, GDT, GEG, GEN, GEL, GER, HFA, HIS, HPE*, HRT, HSR, HVC, IMT, ITL, JRN, LDS, MET, MGT, MKT, MUS, PHL, PHO, PHY, PSI, PSY, SOC, SDT, SPH, SPN, SWK, TAM, THE, WHS, WND
Also available for waitlisting: ENG 1001, ENG 1002, MTH 0907, MTH 1008, ECE 2005, & EDC 1000.
*Students will only waitlist ALH 1250 and register for the lab once they have permission to register for the class.
*Students will only waitlist the BIO class and register for the lab once they have permission to register for the class. There is no option to waitlist lab courses.
*Neither Online Course Orientations (CSP 0002) nor "Fitness Center" courses are eligible for waitlisting.
Steps for Waitlisting on WebAdvisor
1. ADD IT
- Add the class to your Preferred Sections (if you haven’t already).
- Choose "WL- Add to Waitlist" in the Action column on my preferred section list and submit.
2. CHECK IT
- The waitlist notification email will only be sent to the IVCC Student Email Account. If you are not sure how to check your email, you are encouraged to visit the Learning Commons (D201).
- You are also able to check the status of your Waitlist by using the “Manage My Waitlist” option on WebAdvisor.
- You will receive an email at your IVCC Student Email Account in the event you receive permission to register. It is your responsibility to respond within the time frame.
**Once you are given permission to register, you can register on WebAdvisor, by phone, or in person.
For assistance in setting up your WebAdvisor account or registering on the web, visit the Learning Commons in D201 or call 815-224-0318. WebAdvisor requests need to be submitted no later than one week prior to registration for new students!
It is recommended that students set up their account and ensure that all passwords are working prior to the first day of registration.
STUDENT WAITLIST DISCLAIMER:
Students adding themselves to a waitlist understand that placement on the waitlist does not guarantee enrollment in the course or section. It is understood that students will not be moved from the waitlist to the class roster automatically. Students are responsible for checking the "Manage My Waitlist" function on WebAdvisor and IVCC Student email account daily to see if permission to register in their waitlisted course(s) has been granted. If students choose to register once permission is granted, arrangements to pay tuition and fees associated with the course(s) must be made prior to the published payment due date.
It is also understood that if any changes to the student schedule are made that create a time conflict or an overload in credits, students will not be able to register themselves in the waitlisted course(s) if granted permission to register.
Once the drop for non-payment is complete, waitlists will be discontinued. Students who were not granted permission to register must find alternate courses. Once waitlists are discontinued, students will only be able to register (in person or online) for sections with seats available. After the published payment due date for pre-registered students, students must arrange payment according to the weekly drop for non-payment policy. Students who fail to appropriately arrange payment will be dropped according to that policy and their seats will be re-opened for registration. Students who have enrolled in a payment plan must contact the cashier office immediately to adjust their plan.